Victim Advocate Services Team (VAST) joined the movement in domestic violence prevention in 1997 as a department within the Bonner County Sheriff’s Office as concerns over domestic violence issues arose in the county. In 2008, VAST joined the Bonner County Prosecutors Office and extended its services to cover victims of all crime, with 2 full time victim advocates and 1 DV case coordinator.
Based out of the Bonner County Prosecutor's Office , we provide direct, immediate services to victims of all crime, though predominantly victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. We strive to provide 24 hour / 7 days a week assistance to victims in need. Services such as:
- 24 Hour Crisis Intervention to crime victims & Law Enforcement
- Civil Protection Order information and assistance
- Emergency Temporary Shelter
- Community Referrals
- Court Advocacy (criminal and civil)
- Legal referrals
- Transportation assistance
- Resource Library
- Community Outreach Programs
- Victim/Witness Coordination
- Spanish Interpreting/Translation services
From its inception, VAST advocates have been working together to end domestic violence by advocating for victims and changing the social conditions, beliefs, and actions that perpetuate abuse against victims of domestic violence throughout Bonner County.
VAST is dedicated to continue assisting victims of crime, by encouraging them to achieve and/or maintain independence through the provisions of advocacy, counseling, education, referrals and other forms of assistance.